Sunday 14 August 2011

Why don't British people refer to where they live like the Americans?
For instance, Boston Mass
                    Phoenix Arizona
                    Brandonburg Kentucky

What could we have? Hmmm, let me see,
                    Exeter Devon
                    Manchester Lancashire
                    Leatherhead Surrey.
Nah, East Ham Merseyside sounds too silly. Besides which, a sea of Burberry has descended upon you & robbed you blind in the time it takes someone to advise you you've strayed into Croxteth.
Besides which, we are too different a nation to America, they have American football, we have football
                                                                                     they have baseball, we have rounders
                                                                                     they have Florida, we have Norwich
                                                                                     they have bull riding, we have badger baiting.
I may be joking around a bit here, however, who needs Las Vegas? We've got Blackpool, home of the Tower Ballroom, the Pepsi max rollercoaster ride & the tram that run Alan Bradley over.
Disney world is no better than Alton Towers, you still get kids moaning at their parents for this, that and the other. Once there was a bloke at Disney World and he turned to me all red faced and sweating and said" I'm having a really shit time here, all he wants me to do is carry him around". Mind you, he had forgotten the kids wheelchair.
I pushed my wife down the water channel at Alton Towers.
She was fluming!

My wife and I had a row at Alton Towers when she refused to believe i'd seen an X-men on one of the rides.It was a Storm in a teacup

They're no fun at these places anymore, I was ramming this  girl up the arse the other day.
"Oi, any more of that and you're off the dodgems," shouted the fairground owner.
There was  gay couple at the fairground and one of them decides to go on the merry-go-round. After going round and around a few times, his horse breaks and he comes spinning off, crashes into a wall and lands in a heap of tangled wood and metal.
His boyfriend runs over to him, "Oh Quinten, Quinten are you hurt?"
"Hurt? Hurt??" he replies. "Of course I'm hurt. I went around five times and you didn't wave to me once."
And the food is supposed to be terrible at these places, all processed & unnatural, all this talk of dangerous, genetically modified food tasting horrible is nonsense. I mean, once at Pleasure Island in Cleethorpes, I had a delicious leg of salmon.
Anyway, time for bed. Til next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment